Creative Interventions for Children and Families Coping with Loss
Liana Lowenstein, MSW, RSW
December 6, 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
Saint Paul University, Ottawa
Light refreshments served
Overview of Program
Creative Interventions for Children and Families Coping with Loss Day 2
Clients who are coping with loss and grief can present many different challenges in therapy. It may be difficult to get them to engage and open up. What’s required here are innovative techniques that you can put into practice immediately.
In this dynamic workshop, leading expert Liana Lowenstein will present an innovative model for working with children and families coping with loss. Individual, group, and family therapy assessment and treatment techniques will be illustrated. Although the focus of this workshop will be on bereavement, divorce, and foster care, interventions can be adapted for use with a variety of other situations.
Liana Lowenstein is a Registered Clinical Social Worker, Certified Play Therapist-Supervisor, and Certified TF-CBT Therapist who has been working with children and their families in Toronto since 1988. She presents trainings across North America and abroad. Recent speaking engagements include China, South Africa, Israel, England, and Australia.
She provides clinical supervision to mental health practitioners, runs a play-therapy externship program, and consults to mental health agencies.
Liana’s 12 books on child and family therapy are known internationally for their innovative and practical techniques. She is winner of the Monica Herbert award for outstanding contribution to play therapy in Canada.
|CCPA 6 CEC’s||CACCF 6 CEU’s|
|This seminar qualifies for 6 CECs for OACCPP members. OACCPP does not endorse or approve this training program or activity.||Approved for 5.5 hours of MDPAC Group CE credits and no hours of MDPAC CCI credits (automatically calculated when MDPAC member submits Group CE hours). However, if both days are attended then 1 hour of MDPAC CCI credits is approved.|
Register Now to Save Your Seat
- To be eligible for group rate, all 3 registrations must be registered at the same time, and paid with one cheque or credit card number.
- Greater discounts for groups of 10 or more. Contact the team at MAGentix directly.
- For student rate, a valid full-time student ID must be presented.
- Above includes payment by credit card and cheque. Other payment methods.
- Certificate of Participation will be given at the end of the workshop.
Creative Interventions for Children and Families Coping with Loss – Day 2
1) Define grief, traumatic grief, and disenfranchised grief.
2) Articulate the continuum of parent-child relationships after separation and divorce.
3) Utilize many new and innovative assessment and treatment techniques with children and families coping with loss.
Who is This Training For?
This seminar is for:
- Medical Professionals
- Social Workers
- Youth Workers
- Counsellors and Therapists
- Family Therapists
- School Guidance Counselors
- Addiction Counsellors
- Case Managers
- Other Professionals in the Human Service Sector
- Current students in these related fields
- December 6, 2019 | 9:00am-4:00pm
- Saint-Paul University, 223 Main St., Ottawa, ON, K1S 1C4
- Parking at the University for $11.00/day or public parking nearby.