What happens if … Creativity and Safety for Online Couples Counselling
Nancy St John, MIACP
March 26, 2021
9:00am – 12:30pm
In 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic changed the therapeutic world at the speed of lightning and many people are now seeking online therapy, which is opening new and exciting opportunities for therapists who wish to establish an online practice.
This is especially true for couples therapists. Dr. Ellyn Bader, the founder of the Couples Institute, recently said, “While many couples are in need of support it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find well-trained couples therapists.”
Join Nancy St John as she discusses the benefits of being an online couples therapist and provides a solid introduction to working with couples online.
This workshop will enhance participants skills so they can begin, or further develop, an online therapy practice. While the topics covered are aimed at working with couples, the information is relevant and directly transferable to working with individuals or families.
Nancy has been a therapist since 2008 and for over 5 years her practice has been working exclusively with couples online. In 2013 Nancy was chosen by Dr. Ellyn Bader to be part of a select team teaching the Developmental Model of Couples Therapy to members of her training course and has been part of The Couples Institute Master Mentor Program.
Nancy is trained in the following models of couples therapy:
– The Bader-Pearson Developmental Model of Couples Therapy
– The Gottman Method
– Imago Relationship Therapy
– Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
– Relational Life Therapy
– Discernment Counselling
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the factors to consider before deciding to work with a couple
- Onboard a new couple
- Have effective ways to start and end sessions
- Manage hostile fighting couples
- Learn about techniques for working with stuck cases, regression, resistance, and trauma
- Manage screen fatigue
- Deal with unexpected surprises and technical glitches
Register Now to Save Your Seat
- To be eligible for group rate, all 3 registrations must be registered at the same time, and paid with one cheque or credit card number.
- For student rate, a valid full-time student ID must be presented.
- Above includes payment by credit card and cheque. Other payment methods.
- Certificate of Participation will be given at the end of the workshop.
- March 26, 2021 | 9:00am – 12:30pm
- Virtual Workshop
|CCPA 3.5 CEU||CACCF Pending|
|OACCPP Pending. OACCPP does not endorse or approve this training program or activity.|