Getting Unstuck: Processing Trauma-Induced Guilt and Shame
Natalie Zlodre, MSW, RSW
February 26, 2021
9:00am – 4:00pm
LIVE-STREAMED INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP
Overview of Program
For decades, the therapeutic work of PTSD was to process fear, helplessness and horror. Recently the DSM has expanded the definition of PTSD to include guilt and shame. Evidence-based research indicates that unprocessed/unresolved guilt and shame are risk factors for developing and maintaining PTDS symptoms as well as compromising the healing process for clients with Complex PTSD and Developmental Trauma.
In this workshop, we will define guilt and shame and outline their similarities and differences. We will review the different subtypes of both emotions. We will review how we organize our conversations with clients and how we help clients face the unspoken needs and dilemmas that drive the guilt and shame experience.
About the Speaker
Natalie Zlodre M.S.W., R.S.W. was Head of the Trauma and Resiliency Centre and Associate Director of Training at the Hincks-Dellcrest Centre. She is currently the Director of Community Resources and Initiatives, a trauma-informed consulting firm. Her professional focus is in the areas of: acute trauma, developmental/complex trauma and the impact of trauma on professionals and on mental health services.
Natalie provides clinical consultation and supervision to mental health professionals and organizations. Her theoretical framework is trauma-informed and strength-based.
Natalie is an experienced training facilitator and has provided hundreds of presentations nationally and internationally. She is known for her direct and lively style and her ability to translate complex theories about traumatic responses into relevant practices for post-traumatic growth in vulnerable populations.
I thoroughly enjoyed this whole workshop. Very useful, helpful and absolutely inspiring!
Natalie is an amazing presenter! I have been to two of her workshops and will absolutely register for her future workshops.
Participants Will Learn:
- Understand the 7 types of Guilt
- How to process conversations when the:
- Client feels guilty but is not guilty
- Client has a distorted view of their role in a negative experience
- Client is guilty
- Understand the 7 types of shame
- Distinguish between Passing Through Shame and Shame-Prone Identity
- Pinpoint the source of a Shame-Prone identity and the 4 corresponding adaptations
- Understand Shame-Prone entrenched patterns and how to consciously change them
- Understand the connection between dissociation and shame
Register Now to Save Your Seat
- To be eligible for group rate, all 3 registrations must be registered at the same time, and paid with one cheque or credit card number.
- Greater discounts for groups of 10 or more. Contact the team at MAGentix directly.
- For student rate, a valid full-time student ID must be presented.
- Above includes payment by credit card and cheque. Other payment methods.
- Certificate of Participation will be given at the end of the workshop.
|CCPA 6 CEU||CACCF 6 CEU (pending)|
|This seminar qualifies for 6 CEU (pending) for OACCPP members. OACCPP does not endorse or approve this training program or activity.|
- February 26, 2021 | 9:00am- 4:00pm
- LIVE-STREAMED INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP