Gottman Level 2 Therapist Training
Mike Fidler MSW, RSW
October 7 – 9, 2020
9:00am – 4:30pm
Saint Paul University, Ottawa
Light refreshments served
What You Will Learn
- Review video of the Gottmans demonstrating assessment and interventions
- Receive many opportunities to practice using interventions in role play
- Gain tools to assess a couple’s “Friendship”, “Conflict” and “Shared Meaning” profiles
- Focus on complicated cases involving comorbidities (affairs, PTSD, addiction and domestic violence), including assessment and how to tailor Gottman Method interventions according to the couple’s needs
- Learn to apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Develop advanced skills in helping couples establish dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts and manage conflict for solvable problems
- Receive supportive personalized coaching from a Senior Certified Gottman Therapist as you participate in experiential exercises
Mike Fidler, MSW, RSW has assisted couple for over 30 years as a relationship therapist. Mike has been co-leading marriage preparation courses for over 25 years. He is an international Arts & Science of Love Couples Workshop presenter and Gottman clinical trainer. As a Master Trainer with the Gottman Institute he is certified to teach Level I, II and III training for clinicians and consult for the final stage of clinical certification. Mike has worked over 10,000 hours with couples during his 30 plus year practice. Mike was a child abuse specialist for 12 years and taught provincially & nationally for over six years for the Institute for the Prevention of Child Abuse and is known for his clinical experience, conceptual clarity, and humour.
20 CE Credits available for purchase from R. Cassidy
- Standard Registration $800.00 with Gottman Binder.
- Early Bird Registration $750.00 with the Gottman Binder, before September 1, 2020.
Refund Policy: Refund minus $50 when cancelling prior to two business weeks before the workshop & $100 after that date.
Forms of Payment:
- Cheque: Payable to: Positive Relationship Inc.
- E-Transfer: email@example.com
Who Should Attend
This workshop is only available to graduates of the Gottman Level One training. This training is the next step toward certification as a Gottman Therapist.
At the completion of Level 2, you should have the clinical familiarity, knowledge and resources to integrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessment and intervention into your practice.
Upon completion you will be able to identify that you have level 2 training.
Receive the Gottman Level 2 Clinical Manual, which includes Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions.
Receive a certificate of completion from The Gottman Institute.
- October 7 – 9, 2020 | 9:00am-4:30pm
- Saint-Paul University, 223 Main St., Ottawa, ON, K1S 1C4
- Parking at the University for $11.00/day or public parking nearby.
Day One: Assessment; Individual Interviews; Treatment Planning
Day Two: Gottman Method Interventions
Day Three: Relapse Prevention; Co-Morbidities