Rachel Green, Ph.D.
Preparing People for Change: The Foundations of Motivational Interviewing
November 15, 2021
9:00am – 4:00pm EST
Convert to your local time here
Interactive Online Workshop
A recording of the workshop will be available for 30 days after the workshop.
This workshop presents an experiential overview of Motivational Interviewing (MI) as an efficient, client-centered, research-driven communication approach designed to help clients — especially challenging ones — make changes in their lives, despite their ambivalence towards making change.
The workshop, which includes discussion and, exercises, and role-playing is designed as a broad overview of MI so that participants can get a feel for how it may fit into their clinical practice.
- Understand the spirit of MI and how effective this technique can be with clients considering a change in their lives;
- Introduce MI tools, which include open questions, empathic reflection (simple and complex), affirmations and summaries;
- Depending on the amount of time chosen, participants can practice using learned MI tools;
- Give participants an interest in learning more about MI.
About the Speaker
The founder of dancing gecko training, Rachel Green, PhD, is a psychologist, psychotherapist, professor at the Université de Montréal and a Motivational Interviewing workshop facilitator.
She started her psychology career as a neuropsychologist before becoming excited about, and a practitioner of, Motivational Interviewing in 2006.
Over the past 12 years, she has offered over 350 conferences, workshops and clinical development sessions to help others in the helping professions improve their use and knowledge of MI. Based in Montreal, Canada, and fluent in both English and French, she has given training sessions across Canada, the United States and Europe.
Rachel is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and the Association francophone de diffusion de l’Entretien Motivationnel (AFDEM), as well as a member of various committees. She has been a member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ) since 2001 and is an accredited facilitator by the OTSTCFQ (Order of Social Workers, Family, and Marriage Therapists of Quebec).
|CCPA Pending 6 CEU||CACCF Pending 6 CEU|
Participation in this workshop allows OAMHP members to apply Pending 6 hours (CECs) towards their required continuing education hours. OAMHP does not endorse this training or the training provider.
Register Now to Save Your Seat
- To be eligible for group rate, all 3 registrations must be registered at the same time, and paid with one cheque or credit card number.
- For student rate, a valid full-time student ID must be presented.
- Above includes payment by credit card and cheque. Other payment methods.
- Certificate of Participation will be given at the end of the workshop.